Buy Crab Online
Succulent, delicious and loaded with plenty of vitamins and minerals, crab meat is something that should make its way onto your table often, not just on special occasions like anniversaries. Some people are hesitant to look for crab legs for sale because they’re unsure how to prepare them. Luckily, being easy to prepare is yet another thing that’s great about crab meat.
When it comes to preparing them, crabs are exceptionally versatile. You can steam, boil, grill or fry crabs. While crab legs are fantastic as the star of any dish, crab meat is a wonderful addition to many kinds of dishes, including:
Even if you serve them with some clarified butter, crabs still provide a nice array of nutrients your body needs. Here are some of the vitamins and minerals found in many types of crab:
- Vitamin B12
Differences Among Some Popular Crabs
Versatile, easy to prepare, tasty and healthy — why wouldn’t you want to eat crabs? Whether you’re trying them for the first time or you’ve enjoyed crabs for years, it’s helpful to know the differences that exist among some sought-after types of crabs.
Professional chefs and home cooks often develop a preference for one type of crab over another based on various factors, such as price, taste and whether they can extract meat from the body or they’re limited to using just the legs and claws. Here are three popular types of crabs and a brief description of each:
- Jonah Crabs: Jonah crabs are found along the eastern seaboard of the United States, from North Carolina all the way up to Maine. Jonah crabs are harvested using traps, hooks and lines, pots and trawls that skim the ocean floor. Jonah crab meat is often described as sweet and flaky. Jonah crab claws are exceptionally meaty and satisfying. If you try to buy crabs online, you’ll typically see Jonah crab meat and clusters of legs or Jonah crab claws for sale.
- Snow Crabs: Snow crabs live in the coastal waters off Alaska and Maine. Fishermen and women use traps and pots to catch this kind of crab. Many diners love snow crabs because they have a sweet, delicate flavor and a pleasant texture. Snow crab legs are often sold with some meat from the crab’s body still attached to the appendages.
- Alaskan King Crab: Also referred to as king crab, Alaskan king crab is the largest kind of crab consumed in the U.S. Alaskan king crab is harvested in the northern Pacific Ocean and the Bering Sea by fishermen and women using nets, traps and trawls. The average weight of a king crab is about 6 pounds, but they can weigh considerably more than that. You can normally purchase king crab as legs and claws. The meat of an Alaskan king crab leg or claw is sweet, tender and easy to remove in large, mouthwatering pieces.
When to Serve Crab
Even though crab season begins on April 15 and wraps up on November 15 every year, many types of crabs are available year-round. This constant availability makes it possible for you to enjoy crabs at just about any time of the year.
Many people enjoy eating crab at lunchtime or dinnertime. While that’s the case, crab is also a great low-carb food choice at other times of the day and for certain occasions. Packed with protein, crab can help you replenish your body after a rigorous workout, for instance.
Here are some other times and occasions when you may want to enjoy some crab:
- Holidays: Summertime is a super time to celebrate holidays by serving crab. Whether you’re celebrating the Fourth of July, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, you can’t go wrong with crabs. Crab meat, legs and claws also make great gifts during the winter holiday season and on birthdays. You can buy crabs online from Maine Lobster Now and have them shipped fresh to your friends and family members no matter where they live in the United States.
- Event-Based Get-Togethers: It doesn’t matter if you’re planning an event like a wedding or fundraiser or if you’re going to have a buffet or tableside service — crabs should be on the menu. Crab is a healthy alternative to the typical fare you often see at event-based gatherings and your guests will surely appreciate the tasty change-up.
- Corporate Meetings: If you’ve been tasked with planning a corporate meeting, why not serve something different than the usual sandwiches, pizza or pasta dishes and arrange for crab to be served?
Whether you’re planning a large event or an intimate family dinner, it’s important for you to know how much crab you should order per person. If you’re ordering live crabs, the general rule of thumb is to order 1 – 1 ½ pounds per person. If you’re getting precooked crab meat, it’s typically advisable to order about ¼ pound per diner. Of course, if you’re hosting people who have big appetites, you’ll need to order more regardless of whether you’re getting pre-prepared or live crabs.
Where to Buy Fresh Crab
If you want to buy the freshest, tastiest, most luscious crab available anywhere, you needn’t look beyond Maine Lobster Now. We sell crab harvested directly from the ocean and we ship it directly to your location. Once you try our crabs, your only regret will be that you didn’t order more. Luckily, you can order from Maine Lobster Now online any time of day or night.
You can place an order with Maine Lobster Now and enjoy some fresh crab as early as tomorrow. If you’re planning an event, you can schedule the delivery of your crab meat, claws and legs on the date when you’ll need them.
Placing an order with Maine Lobster Now is easy and hassle-free. Whether you want Alaskan king crab legs, Jonah crab meat or claws, snow crab leg clusters, cocktail claws or scrumptious Maine crab cakes, you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Order crabs from Maine Lobster Now today. Your body, taste buds and dining companions will be glad you did.