Lobster Grilled Cheese
Sharp cheddar cheese blends wonderfully with the flavor or lobster meat to create this twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich. Make each sandwich with dense white bread and about a quarter pound of lobster meat per sandwich. This recipe makes 4 sandwiches. Lobster grilled cheese is a great way to get more mileage out of your lobster meat, this could be a great alternative to people who don't want to try lobster rolls for the first time. There is less lobster meat per sandwich but no lack of flavor!
This recipe was inspired by the folks at the Spartan Grill on Monument Square in Portland, ME.
Prep time: 2-3 minutes
Cook time: Less than 5 minutes
- 1 pound lobster claw meat
- White Bread (dense for best texture)
- White Sharp Cheddar (We use Cabot®)
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Spread butter on the outside of your bread slices and place butter-side down in the frying pan.
- Layer two slices of cheese, lobster meat and another two slices of Havarti on the bread.
- Place the other slice of bread on top, and alternate sides, grilling the sandwich until the bread is golden brown on both sides.