Mussels In White Wine And Garlic
This is one of our favorite recipes. This takes just a few minutes to prepare and will totally blow your mind! Give it a try!
Prep Time: 5-6 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups dry white wine (32 oz)
- 8 large shallots, finely chopped (or 1/2 onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds Maine mussels
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Rinse and scrub mussels under cold running water. Use finger to remove beards (strings that hang from the mussels' shells), and discard if visible.
- In a large stockpot on medium heat, melt butter and simmer shallots(or onions) for 2-3 minutes
- Turn heat to high, add wine, shallots, garlic, and salt.
- Add mussels and cook for 5 minutes or until mussels are open.
- Stir in herbs and extra butter if desired. Remove from heat. Divide mussels and broth among four bowls. Serve immediately.