In Maine, this was a staple growing up. This simple yet memorable recipe will keep you craving that white flakey fish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1-1.5lb of haddock
- 8oz portion of fresh crab meat (OPTIONAL)
- 1 sleeve of ritz crackers (garlic or plain)
- 1 stick of real butter, melted
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- 1 fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and dry haddock, place in 9” by 11” pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt, squeeze approx. 1 ½ tsp of lemon juice over haddock.
- Melt butter, mix crushed crackers and crab meat (crab meat optional) into butter. Spread over top of haddock.
- Bake haddock at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes on the top rack of the oven until fish flakes easily.
- Remove haddock from oven, let it simmer for 1-2 minutes & enjoy!