Cheesy Lobster and Roasted Cauliflower Casserole
This recipe is creamy, comforting and low in carbohydrates. If you love lobster mac n’ cheese, this dish offers the same level of comfort and flavor without all of the gluten. Made with Maine Lobster Now’s fresh pre-cooked lobster meat, caramelized roasted cauliflower, minced garlic, Old Bay seasoning, and savory parmesan cheese, this dish makes for a savory main dish or side for four to six people.
Recipe created by Vanessa Seder for Maine Lobster Now for Maine Lobster Now®
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Place the 1-inch cauliflower pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. Toss to combine and spread out evenly and in one layer on the pan. Transfer to the oven when the oven is done pre-heating, and roast for 35 – 45 minutes. Toss a few times during the roasting process to ensure an even cook. The cauliflower is done when you start to see golden brown pieces. Remove from the oven and set aside.
2. Make a roux by melting the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour all at once, then whisk constantly until the mixture smells nutty–about 1 to 2 minutes. Next, stir the garlic and thyme into the roux and cook until just fragrant– about 1 minute.
3. Pour the milk into the roux mixture then whisk continuously as you bring it to a boil. Continue to cook until thickened–about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Once the roux mixture is thick you will turn it into a finished cheese sauce. Take the roux off of the heat and whisk in the parmesan cheese until fully melted and smooth. 5. Add the cauliflower, lobster, and parsley to the cheese sauce and gently fold until fully mixed and coated.
6. Transfer to a casserole dish and serve immediately.