Gourmet Maine Lobster Mac n Cheese Recipe
Maine lobster meat is a beloved ingredient and there isn't a comfort food that can beat mac n' cheese. Combine the two and you have something truly special on your hands.
This is the absolute best Maine lobster mac n' cheese recipe and the instructions are easy-to-follow. So place your Maine lobster order today, and whip up a homemade lobster mac n' cheese dish to indulge in this week.
2 Tbsp Grape Seed Oil
1 Lb Dried Macaroni Pasta
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Chopped White Onion
2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 Bay Leaves
1 Cup Fish Stock or Vegetable Stock
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Cups Sharp Shredded Cheddar (We recommend aged cheedar if you can get it)
2 Tbsp. White Truffle Oil
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Chives
Salt To Taste
White pepper To Taste
1. Boil a large pot of water for the pasta. Add pasta to the water once it starts to boil, cook using the instructions on the package.
2. Saute the lobster meat in butter until it is no longer translucent, and set aside.
3. When the pasta is done, drain the water from it.
4. While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until they are translucent, being careful not to burn them. Once they are translucent, begin adding flour a little at a time. Do this gradually to avoid the mixture becoming lumpy or too thick.
5. Next add the bay leaves, and then incorporate the vegetable or fish stock a little at a time to form a smooth sauce. Simmer for a least 10 minutes to allow the flour to "cook out," then remove the bay leaves.
6. Add the heavy cream and Cheddar, stirring them in completely, then season with salt and white pepper to taste.
7. Stir the lobster meat into the cheese mixture, then fold in as much pasta as you need to acquire your preferred consistency for macaroni and cheese.
8. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle sparingly with truffle oil and garnish with chopped chives.