Best Food Gifts to Send by Mail
Of the many gifts, you could give to someone, high-quality foods and beverages like beer and wine are among the few that won't make its way to the trash can or donation pile. Since eating is a necessity and tasty treats are always desired, food can be an irresistible gift that everyone appreciates. Delicious foods and drinks are also great for all occasions — birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, promotions, congratulations — the list goes on and on. Our Top 6 Food Gifts To Send in the Mail:
- Wine: chardonnay, zinfandel, cabernet sauvignon
- Cheese: aged cheddar, grand cru reserve, bellavitani merlot
- Fruits: apples, pears, grapes
- Meats: bacon, smoked meats, jerky
- Gourmet: baked goods, craft beer, popcorn
- Seafood: Maine lobster, crab, scallops, oysters
- Subscriptions: meal prep, monthly wine, monthly cheese
- Bacon: Who doesn't love bacon? The Loveless Cafe can conveniently ship your closest friend or family member a few pounds of their signature country bacon flavors. From peppered, apple smoked and spicy Cajun bacon to country ham biscuits and slices, The Loveless Cafe has a fine selection of specialty bacon and signature smoked meats that make mouth-watering gifts. Want to send the recipient to hog heaven? Send them some sliced spiral ham or even a whole country ham that will leave them with a stomach full of gratitude.
- Smoked Meats: Why stop at bacon when you can send the whole smokehouse? Burgers' Smokehouse will deliver everything just short of the picnic table — ribs, pork chops, breakfast pork sausage, Polish kielbasa sausage, steakburgers and more. They've got enough turkey, beef, chicken and pork options to fill a butcher shop. Complete the gift by including some of their scrumptious sides like country green beans, potatoes and ham au gratin, or sweeten the surprise by choosing one of their pies or cheesecakes.
- Jerky: Looking for a unique gift by mail that's sure to thrill the carnivorous connoisseur in your life? Then Jerky.com has the ideal gift from them. With over 100 kinds of jerky available, there's surely a meat on the list that even your most adventurous of companions haven't yet tried. Their beef, pork and poultry jerky varieties come in many different flavors like teriyaki, sweet and spicy, and whiskey barbeque. Jerky.com lets you create custom gift sets that are sure to tantalize the taste buds.
- Bake Shop Baskets: The moment they close their eyes and grin at the smell of cookies, cakes, and brownies, you'll know you picked the perfect gift. These delicious baked goods come in an assortment of flavors. Give the gift of world-famous Belgian chocolate with dipped cookies, macaroons, biscotti and madeleine cookies. Send a delicious cake or a sampler platter of cheesecakes. Whether you choose to send a tasty pie, crispy cookie or gourmet brownie, these bake shop baskets are sure to please.
- Beer Baskets: You probably know exactly who in your life would love their own basket of beer. If they appreciate craft over conventional, the microbrew bucket is perfect for them. If they prefer to fill their pint with international flavor then the Around the World bucket has their name on it. Available in three, six or 12 beers, these buckets are a fantastic gift that every beer lover will drink to.
- Popcorn Baskets: It's hard not to smile when you have a giant tin of popcorn on your lap. Gourmet popcorn tins are stellar choices for gift giving occasions both large and small. Each tin features one or more delicious popcorn flavors including chocolate, caramel, triple cheddar, buffalo, sweet onion, salt and vinegar, and cinnamon and brown sugar. Once your friend or family member pops the lid on this packed tin, they'll eat their way to the bottom before they know it.
- Healthy Baskets: Who says healthy food can't be tasty? With the healthy gift baskets from GourmetGiftBaskets.com, you can give easily give someone a sweet treat that's also healthy. Baskets may feature healthy snacks like peanuts, trail mix, tortilla chips, pretzels, crackers, and jam. They even have gluten-free baskets for those with dietary sensitivities.
- Full Meal Subscriptions: Your options for recurrent meal delivery services are virtually endless. Blue Apron can supply two to four people with unique meals starting at less than $60 per week. If dietary restrictions are a concern, Home Chef provides nut-free, low-carb and low-calorie options. They even offer vegetarian options, some of which also qualify as vegan. For the serious cook in your life who loves creating their own culinary experience by hand, only Chef'd will do.
- Wine Subscriptions: Picking out the perfect wine can be tricky, especially if you can't remember whether it was the cabernet or chardonnay that the gift recipient loved. Thankfully, the Wall Street Journal offers a wine subscription service that will cover all of the bases. With their introductory offer, you'll be able to gift your friend or loved one a case of 15 bottles for only $69.99 before tax and shipping. As they spend months relaxing with each bottle of award-winning wine, you'll drink in their gratitude.
- Cheese Subscriptions: Is there a cheese-lover in your life who would gleefully anticipate a monthly box of artisan cheeses from around the world? Then they belong in the Gourmet Cheese of the Month Club. This easy, affordable and memorable subscription features a variety of traditionally-made farmhouse cheeses sourced from their place of origin. All of these hand-crafted artisan cheeses will lead the mouth on a path of discovery as each new taste, texture and aroma are encountered.