Heating King Crab Legs
All You need to know about enjoying King crab legs
King crab legs and claws arrive pre-cooked and frozen. Our crab is cooked shortly after it is caught. This ensures a delicious, fresh flavor that will have you feeling as if you just caught it and steamed it yourself. Pre-cooking also makes the process of enjoying King crab legs faster and easier for you at home.
Heating pre-cooked crab legs only requires thawing the legs and then heating them in one of four ways. They are all quite fast and simple. You can choose from the following options:
Grilled Frozen, Pre-Cooked King Crab Legs
1. Heat your grill to 300 degrees.
2. Brush the King crab legs generously with olive oil.
3. Place the King crab legs on the grill and leave them for 3 - 5 minutes.
4. Turn the legs over onto the other side and let them sit for another 3 - 5 minutes. Keep and eye on them to make sure they don't start to burn.
5. Remove from the grill.
Steaming Frozen, Pre-Cooked King Crab Legs
1. Add two cups of water to a large steaming pot and bring it to a boil. (A steaming pot has an insert that allows you to place meat and vegetables above the water.)
2. Place the crab legs inside the steam pot insert and put that inside the pot above the water.
You could also use a regular pot and place the crab legs inside of a metal collander, which you then place inside the pot above the boiling water.
3. Cover the pot with a lid for 4 minutes. Add 4 minutes when cooking more than 15 legs at a time, for a total of 8 minutes.
4. Remove the crab legs from the pot. Check to make sure they are warm and heated through.
Boiling Frozen, Pre-Cooked King Crab Legs
1. Fill a large pot up half way with cold water.
2. Bring the water to a boil.
3. Once the water is boiling, add the crab legs. Turn the heat down to just above medium.
4. Boil for 4 minutes. Add 4 minutes when cooking more than 15 legs at a time, for a total of 8 minutes.
5. Remove the crab legs from the pot and rinse in cold water to stop them from cooking further.
Baking Frozen, Pre-Cooked King Crab Legs
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cover a rimmed baking sheet in tin foil to prevent sticking.
3. Spread the crab legs out onto the pan in a single layer. None of the legs should overlap or rest on top of another.
4. Add cold water to the pan until it is about 1/8 inch deep. This should result in a small amount of each crab leg being covered by water - as if they were just being lightly dipped in it.
5. Place lemon and garlic, herbs, and desired seasonings into the pan.
6. Cover the pan in tin foil and place it in the oven.
7. Bake for 4 minutes. Add 4 minutes when cooking more than 15 legs at a time, for a total of 8 minutes.
8. Remove the crab legs from the pan.
Alaskan King Crab Legs
Now all you have to do it enjoy luscious hunks of King crab meat. It's delicious on it's own, or you can serve it with lemon, butter, and your favorite seafood sauces. You could even add the meat to a seafood recipe, like crab cakes or crab mac & cheese.