How To Store Live Lobster
Lobster Storage Instructions
- Live lobsters need to be kept alive and fresh until they're cooked to prevent deterioration.
- You can store them briefly in the fridge or in a lobster tank.
- Ideally, live lobsters should be cooked the same day they're delivered.
- They can be kept for one additional day when stored properly.
- Store lobsters in your refrigerator in a cardboard box or the bottom drawer.
- Make sure to include seaweed or damp newspaper soaked in ocean water. DO NOT USE ICE, FRESH WATER WILL KILL THE LOBSTERS.
Go to our home page for more information on Maine Lobster and Lobster Delivery