How To Steam Lobster
- Pour 2 inches of water into a pot, including Maine sea salt if using fresh water.
- Add seaweed if desired.
- Bring water to heavy boil.
- Using gloves or tongs, place the Maine lobsters into the pot, cover tightly.
- When the water returns to a heavy boil, turn the heat down to a rolling boil and start the timer.
- Steam lobsters for 9 minutes for the first pound, and add 4 minutes for each additional pound. (See Steaming Times Below)
- Steamed lobsters will be bright red when done.
- Removed the steamed lobsters with metal tongs or gloves and place in cool water or let cool for 3-5 minutes
Lobster Steaming Times Per Pound:
Go to our home page for more information on Maine Lobster
and Lobster Delivery