How To Cook Sea Scallops
- 1 pounds dry sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Add the butter and oil to a 12 to 14-inch sauté pan on high heat.
- Salt and pepper the scallops.
- Once the fat begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
- Serve immediately.