How To Boil Live Lobster
- Fill a large pot with water. Allow three quarts of water per 1.5 pounds of lobster.
- Add 1/4 cup of salt for each gallon of water. (4 quarts = 1 gallon)
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Put your live lobsters in one at a time using gloves or tongs. Do not cover.
- Stir the lobsters halfway through boiling. (cooking times below)
- Boiled lobsters will be bright red when done.
- Place boiled lobsters in cool water or let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Lobster Boiling Times Per Pound:
Don't have your lobsters yet? Order your live Maine lobsters
now or visit our home page to find out more information about Maine Lobster Now