Mothers Day Brunch!
Switch it up this Mothers Day and surprise Mom with a scrumptious meal from Maine, made by you!
Mothers day is the most popular dining out day in the United States. Maine Lobster Now wants to help you make yourMothers Day less stressful by avoiding going out to eat at an over crowded diner this Mothers day. Show your Mom you love her a special way by cooking a delicious homemade meal for her! Lobster Benedict is a mouth watering, excellent brunch meal with the perfect combination of Lobster Meat mixed with a touch of breakfast foods.
Lobster Benedict requires a sauce called “Holladaise Sauce”.
Holladaise Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- sea salt
Other Lobster Benedict Ingredients:
- 4 english Muffins
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 pound of Maine Lobster Meat
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 8 eggs, poached
How to prepare Holladaise Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a double-boiler on top of the stove. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. When the butter has melted, whisk the egg mixture into the melted butter, stirring constantly and cooking until the sauce starts to thicken. Season to taste with sea salt. Remove the double boiler from the heat and keep the sauce warm over the hot water.
How to assemble Lobster Benedict:
- Toast the English muffins and place on a plate. Cut the steamed asparagus spears in half, and place 3 halve-pieces on each English muffin half. Sauté the Maine lobster meat in 1 tablespoon of butter until it is heated, and portion on top of the English muffins. Top each muffin half with a poached egg, and spread the Hollandaise Sauce on top.
Happy Mothers Day!