How to Make the Best Lobster Eggs Benedict | Maine Lobster Now
Mother's Day is the most popular day for dining out in the United States. Avoid the long lines at restaurants and give your mom something special this year: a Maine style brunch that is sure to impress.
Lobster Eggs Benedict combines the elements of a traditional eggs Benedict, including creamy, tart Hollandaise Sauce, jammy eggs, and the crunch of perfectly toasted bread, with thick pieces of sweet, juicy lobster meat. It is the perfect brunch dish.
Step by Step Instructions to make a perfect Lobster Eggs Benedict
This recipe serves 4 people. It is easy to double or even triple if needed.
Start by making the Hollandaise Sauce.
Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- sea salt
Hollandaise Sauce Directions:
- Melt the butter in a double-boiler on top of the stove. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. When the butter has melted, whisk the egg mixture into the melted butter, stirring constantly and cooking until the sauce starts to thicken. Season to taste with sea salt. Remove the double boiler from the heat and keep the sauce warm over the hot water.
Other Lobster Eggs Benedict Ingredients:
- 4 english Muffins
- 16 asparagus spears
- 3 green onion stalks
- 1 pound of Maine Lobster Meat
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 8 poached eggs
How to Assemble Lobster Benedict:
- Melt 1 Tbsp. of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the asparagus spears to the pan. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, turning regularly to ensure an even cook. When the asparagus is bright green and soft enough to pierce with a fork, but still slightly crunch, it is done. Take out of the pan and allow them to cool, then cut them each in half.
- Cut the English muffins in half and toast each side. Next, place two halves on each plate. Place two asparagus halves on top of each English muffin.
- Sauté the Maine lobster meat in 1 tablespoon of butter until it is heated through. Place a portion of the meat on top of the English muffins and asparagus.
- Poach the eggs, then top each muffin half with a poached egg.
- Drizzle the Hollandaise Sauce.
- Dice the green onion and sprinkle over the top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy. Happy Mother's Day!