Of the many gifts, you could give to someone, high-quality foods and beverages like beer and wine are among the few that won’t make its way to the trash can or donation pile. Since eating is a necessity and tasty treats are always desired, food can be an irresistible gift that everyone appreciates. Delicious foods and drinks are also great for all occasions — birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, promotions, congratulations — the list goes on and on.
Our Top 6 Food Gifts To Send in the Mail:
- Wine: chardonnay, zinfandel, cabernet sauvignon
- Cheese: aged cheddar, grand cru reserve, bellavitani merlot
- Fruits: apples, pears, grapes
- Meats: bacon, smoked meats, jerky
- Gourmet: baked goods, craft beer, popcorn
- Seafood: Maine lobster, crab, scallops, oysters
- Subscriptions: meal prep, monthly wine, monthly cheese
Not only can many perishable foods and beverages be sent via mail, but most companies with an online presence also have shipping options available to save you the hassle of having to package the gift and deliver it to the post office yourself. This allows you to send your friends and family members housewarming presents, get-well-soon treats and many other food gifts for any reason imaginable.
You want to give an amazing gift and Maine Lobster Now wants to help. We’ve compiled a list of tasty foods that we believe will make unique and irresistible gifts that you can easily send from coast to coast.
Maybe you’ve heard it through the grapevine — people love wine. Americans enjoy hundreds of millions of gallons of wine each year. From vermouths and cabernets to dessert and sparkling wines, wine is a great choice for corporate gifts, special occasions or just because. No matter who you’re showing appreciation to, wine gift baskets are sure to please.
For the wine lover in your life, head over to Gift Tree and choose from their fabulous selection of wine gift baskets. Send the Royal Treatment to celebrate a promotion. Gift a bottle of luxury champagne to celebrate an anniversary. With plenty of wine options that come paired with cheeses, meats, fruits, and nuts, there’s a perfect wine gift set for everyone.
For a gift with a more personal touch, you can send single bottles that feature your own custom label or engraving design. Personal Wine makes it effortless. Simply select the wine you wish to send — red, white, rosé or sparkling — then customize the label with text and photos in their design template. In as little as three days, your custom gift can be enjoyed.
Trust us — this is one cheesy gift that anyone will love. Straight from the Dairy State, Wisconsin Cheese Mart has award-winning cheeses that are great mail-order food gifts to share with those close to your heart. Their impressive selection features over fifteen types of cheese in earthy, pungent and spicy flavors. From curds and small batches to wheels and loaves, these different cheese gift baskets make excellent gift ideas for coworkers, friends, and family.
With an array of options, Wisconsin Cheese Mart is sure to have a cheese package that’s perfect for any taste. Those who are strict cheese aficionados will enjoy the Nibbler crates which feature sharp, earthy, flavored, buttery, smooth, creamy or mild cheeses. Add some meat to the mix with a cheese and sausage sampler that may include tangy, smoky or creamy sausages. Whether you choose the Sweet Treats cheese board or the Wisconsin Artisan Award Winners package, these cheeses are fantastic gift ideas.
When you think of the typical gifts for holidays like Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day, chocolate immediately comes to mind. As more and more people are becoming conscious of their diets, however, sugary sweets may not be the perfect gift for everyone. If you’d like to send a healthy snack that will put a smile on anyone’s face, gift them a lovely package of fruit.
Harry & David is your destination for fruits and other gourmet gifts. Choose from a variety of seasonal fruits, dried fruits, organic fruits and more. All of their juicy offerings were picked at the peak of perfection to ensure that every basket, box and tower of fruit you send are ripe and ready to eat.
Don’t worry — if you’re sending a gift to someone with a sweet tooth, Harry & David’s selection of delectable pears, citruses, berries, and cherries can be paired with other scrumptious treats. Choose strawberries dipped in chocolate or have the apples coated in caramel. Bundle together a tasty trio of apples, pears, and cheeses. You can even send a creatively curated gift tote full of fruit, bread, olives, cheese, wine, nuts, spreads and so much more. With free shipping available, Harry & David’s fruit baskets make the sweetest gifts.
If you really want to outdo your gift-giving this year, send a smorgasbord of other meats to accompany your fresh Maine lobster. Picture your father-in-law, brother or a best friend enjoying a buttery lobster tail and a perfectly cooked tenderloin. When you combine the locally sourced seafood from Maine Lobster Now with a generous helping of steak, chicken or pork, your gift delivers phenomenal tasting surf-and-turf right to your friend or family member’s door.
- Bacon: Who doesn’t love bacon? The Loveless Cafe can conveniently ship your closest friend or family member a few pounds of their signature country bacon flavors. From peppered, apple smoked and spicy Cajun bacon to country ham biscuits and slices, The Loveless Cafe has a fine selection of specialty bacon and signature smoked meats that make mouth-watering gifts. Want to send the recipient to hog heaven? Send them some sliced spiral ham or even a whole country ham that will leave them with a stomach full of gratitude.
- Smoked Meats: Why stop at bacon when you can send the whole smokehouse? Burgers’ Smokehouse will deliver everything just short of the picnic table — ribs, pork chops, breakfast pork sausage, Polish kielbasa sausage, steakburgers and more. They’ve got enough turkey, beef, chicken and pork options to fill a butcher shop. Complete the gift by including some of their scrumptious sides like country green beans, potatoes and ham au gratin, or sweeten the surprise by choosing one of their pies or cheesecakes.
- Jerky: Looking for a unique gift by mail that’s sure to thrill the carnivorous connoisseur in your life? Then Jerky.com has the ideal gift from them. With over 100 kinds of jerky available, there’s surely a meat on the list that even your most adventurous of companions haven’t yet tried. Their beef, pork and poultry jerky varieties come in many different flavors like teriyaki, sweet and spicy, and whiskey barbeque. Jerky.com lets you create custom gift sets that are sure to tantalize the taste buds.
Unsure of which food or beverage would be the perfect gift — let an expertly curated gift basket help you decide! GourmetGiftBaskets.com has assembled exceptional gift baskets that feature foods and beverages made with the highest quality ingredients. Each basket contains handpicked items that together create a gift catered to every occasion. Whether you’re trying to find that perfect holiday gift or want to show someone you care on their special day, these unique gift baskets will light up the life of everyone you love.
- Bake Shop Baskets: The moment they close their eyes and grin at the smell of cookies, cakes, and brownies, you’ll know you picked the perfect gift. These delicious baked goods come in an assortment of flavors. Give the gift of world-famous Belgian chocolate with dipped cookies, macaroons, biscotti and madeleine cookies. Send a delicious cake or a sampler platter of cheesecakes. Whether you choose to send a tasty pie, crispy cookie or gourmet brownie, these bake shop baskets are sure to please.
- Beer Baskets: You probably know exactly who in your life would love their own basket of beer. If they appreciate craft over conventional, the microbrew bucket is perfect for them. If they prefer to fill their pint with international flavor then the Around the World bucket has their name on it. Available in three, six or 12 beers, these buckets are a fantastic gift that every beer lover will drink to.
- Popcorn Baskets: It’s hard not to smile when you have a giant tin of popcorn on your lap. Gourmet popcorn tins are stellar choices for gift giving occasions both large and small. Each tin features one or more delicious popcorn flavors including chocolate, caramel, triple cheddar, buffalo, sweet onion, salt and vinegar, and cinnamon and brown sugar. Once your friend or family member pops the lid on this packed tin, they’ll eat their way to the bottom before they know it.
- Healthy Baskets: Who says healthy food can’t be tasty? With the healthy gift baskets from GourmetGiftBaskets.com, you can give easily give someone a sweet treat that’s also healthy. Baskets may feature healthy snacks like peanuts, trail mix, tortilla chips, pretzels, crackers, and jam. They even have gluten-free baskets for those with dietary sensitivities.
Is there someone special in your life that you want to spoil? Instead of sending a single food item or gift basket, consider purchasing a subscription service so that you can treat them for weeks to come. There are dozens of vendors that will deliver both fresh and packaged foods to homes around the country. Whether you want to stick with a particular item or provide your recipient with a unique meal on a regular basis, a subscription service is a perfect gift that caters to any taste.
- Full Meal Subscriptions: Your options for recurrent meal delivery services are virtually endless. Blue Apron can supply two to four people with unique meals starting at less than $60 per week. If dietary restrictions are a concern, Home Chef provides nut-free, low-carb and low-calorie options. They even offer vegetarian options, some of which also qualify as vegan. For the serious cook in your life who loves creating their own culinary experience by hand, only Chef’d will do.
- Wine Subscriptions: Picking out the perfect wine can be tricky, especially if you can’t remember whether it was the cabernet or chardonnay that the gift recipient loved. Thankfully, the Wall Street Journal offers a wine subscription service that will cover all of the bases. With their introductory offer, you’ll be able to gift your friend or loved one a case of 15 bottles for only $69.99 before tax and shipping. As they spend months relaxing with each bottle of award-winning wine, you’ll drink in their gratitude.
- Cheese Subscriptions: Is there a cheese-lover in your life who would gleefully anticipate a monthly box of artisan cheeses from around the world? Then they belong in the Gourmet Cheese of the Month Club. This easy, affordable and memorable subscription features a variety of traditionally-made farmhouse cheeses sourced from their place of origin. All of these hand-crafted artisan cheeses will lead the mouth on a path of discovery as each new taste, texture and aroma are encountered.
If you truly want to surprise a friend or family member with a gift like no other, it has to be a fresh, hand-selected seafood dinner. Maine Lobster Now ships our locally sourced Maine lobster from the fisherman’s net straight to our customer’s front door. Our fresh and frozen lobster meat turns any recipe into an unforgettable dish. We can even ship live wild-caught lobster that is guaranteed to arrive alive at the door of your colleague who takes pride in preparing five-star quality meals for their family.
Jumbo lobster tails, gourmet lobster mac and cheese and homemade lobster rolls — if it’s got ‘lobster’ in the name, you know it’s going to be a great gift. When the special someone you’re shopping for just can’t get enough seafood, Maine Lobster Now has you covered. We’ve got a boat-load of other savory options including crab, fish, sea scallops, shellfish, soups, chowders, appetizers, side dishes and desserts. One bountiful box from Maine Lobster Now is guaranteed to bring the taste of the sea right to their kitchen.
The beauty of seafood is that it can pair well with virtually any other food gift. Imagine the wide smile stretched across your mother’s face when she opens up a box of fresh crab legs with a fine bottle of wine. Think of the joy your good friend will experience when you give them a fresh package of Maine lobster tails and salt water taffy so they can have the inimitable taste of New England seafood no matter where they are.
You Can’t Go Wrong With the Gift of Food
Why should you choose to send mail-order food as a gift? Sending a gift shows that you care. The time, energy and effort needed to select the perfect gift that arrives right at their doorstep are not lost on the recipient. Although every gift takes consideration, choosing a food gift also demonstrates how well you know the person. For instance, if you can find a gluten-free vegan pizza kit for a friend with severe dietary restrictions, that level of personal detail will speak volumes.
How far in advance you send your gift depends on shipping estimates provided by the retailer sending your gift. If you’re shipping the gift yourself, ensure each type of food is delivered appropriately. For example, the USDA suggests that raw meats and soft cheeses receive overnight shipping. Perishable foods, like bread, fresh fruit and other baked goods, should receive two-day shipping. Nonperishable items like candies or alcohol can be sent via regular mail. Also, confirm that your recipient is available to accept the gift on arrival.
Gift giving is a great experience and sending an irresistible food gift by mail is a great way to express your friendship, love, congratulations or gratitude to those in your life. Maine Lobster Now admires the sincere thought and care that goes into finding the perfect gift and we want to help make your gift truly unforgettable. Our fresh seafood bought daily from Maine’s local fisherman is a unique and exciting gift that is ideal for any occasion.
Delicious Maine lobster meat is a mouthwatering gift that will please every stomach. A box of our crab legs, lobster tails, scallops, and desserts turn an unbelievable gift into an unforgettable meal. Contact Maine Lobster Now today and let us put together the perfect gift package that will be impossible to top!
When most people see a lobster, they don’t know if it is a male or female unless they’re lobster experts or simply familiar with how to distinguish between the two. There are a few noticeable differences from a female Lobster to a male lobster.
A female lobsters tail is larger than a males because the female must carry all of the eggs, which believe it or not, can sometimes be up-to 100,000 eggs if the female lobster is around 8-10lbs! On average a female lobster carries roughly 7,500-10,000 eggs. Another way to distinguish between the two is look under the tail where the feeders are located. A females feeders are soft and crossed where a males feeders are hard and touched together facing forward.
When a female lobster is born, it takes about a full year for the lobster to grow into its “adult” size. Once a female lobster has reached its adult size, it begins the process of finding a mate. Finding a male lobster to mate with is very different than how your mom may have met your dad or vice versa. Although, that would be a very interesting connection between humans and lobsters if that was the case.
Valentine’s Day is commonly celebrated as a romantic occasion for couples to express their love for each other.
The American Lobster known as the “Homarus Americanus”, is a species of lobster found in the Atlantic coast of North America. It is also known as Canadian Lobster, True Lobster, Northern Lobster, Canadian Reds, or Maine Lobster.
A common question asked about Maine Lobsters or Lobsters in general is, “What is better Hard Shell or Soft Shell Lobsters?”